E-Verify is a federal program that helps employers determine if their work force is legal using the I-9 form. By using the program E-Verify the information on the Form I-9 can verify your employees’ employment eligibility. EVerifyUSA Inc. is a Designated Agent for the federal program.
What information is needed for a company to enroll in E-Verify?
The following information is needed:
- Company name
- Physical address of the location (and county) from which your company will access E-Verify
- Company mailing address
- Employer identification number
- Current number of employees for all hiring sites
- First three digits of the company’s North American Industry Classification System code (NAICS)
- Number of hiring states that will participate in E-Verify in each state
- Name, phone number, fax number, and email address for the person who signs the Memorandum of Understanding for the company
If the company is a federal contractor, the company will need to indicate if it is enrolling to comply with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), or if it is a federal, state, or local government organization.